Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reflecting Brilliance, in Motion


















The moon appears in every season, it is true,
But surely it's best in fall.
In autumn, mountains loom and water runs clear.
A brilliant disk floats across the infinite sky,
And there is no sense of light and darkness,
For everything is permeated with its presence.
--Ryokan, 1758-1831

I see the moon,
the moon sees me.
God bless the moon,
and God bless me.
--traditional nursery rhyme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I open fully, I reflect the brilliance of the oft-hidden sun.
And in shining clear and true, I show myself, too.

This Thursday, 10/21 at Jeffrey Bihr in Oakland:
The Ocean Refuses No River, 6:30-8pm

This Saturday, 10/23 at Movement Oasis in Santa Rosa:
Soul Motion-inspired dance practice, 10-noon.
Full Moon Barefoot Boogie, 7-9pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: